I was scrolling through Twitter yesterday and saw Emily from Emily Reads Everything talking about writing 31 posts in the month of October for Blog Ahead 2015. For those of you that don’t know what the Blog Ahead Challenge is (don’t worry, I didn’t either as of about 20 hours ago), it’s a challenge created by herding cats & burning soup and Caffeinated Book Reviewer where you write/schedule 31 blog posts in the month of October. Basically, you’re getting ahead on your November-and-beyond blog posts. To participate, create your own post declaring your intentions then go to the challenge page (liked above) and add your link at the bottom of the page.
Blog Ahead 2015 Summary (from the challenge page)
- Purpose: Increase the number of scheduled blog posts you have ready to publish by 31 posts during the month of October. (You can set your own goal) All post will be scheduled from November 1st or later.
- Who Can Join: Any blogger or author can join. Brand new, been around for years.Blogger, WordPress or other platform. Any heat level, genre or theme, etc. If you blog…you’re welcome to join!
- Types of Posts that Count: Any finished posts count! Meme, review, guest post, interview, discussion. Top Ten Posts, Favorites posts, Shopping Guide Posts, Cooking posts, pet posts, photo posts, etc. Posts do NOT have to be book related.
- Required: The post must be complete and scheduled from November 1, 2015 onward. (So not just blurb, buy links, etc for a review post. The review needs to be complete for the post to count.)
I am participating because:
- I only just learned that you can schedule a post… yeah I know… I’m new to this!
- I have some ideas for posts that I just haven’t written yet, so I figure I should knock them out.
- Life will (hopefully) be busier come November, so I will proactively alleviate some stress.
I doubt I will be writing a post a day. I will probably knock a few out on one day a week. I plan to write some of the following:
I’m excited for this challenge and really think it will help me out in the long run. Stay tuned for some updates on how I’m doing on the challenge, and (of course) the posts themselves come November and beyond.
Are you going to take the challenge? What are you waiting for?!