No better way to celebrate Halloween than to eat candy and do a fun tag.
Thank you to the lovely Orang-utang Library for the tag!
1. Carving pumpkins- what book would you carve up and light on fire?
That’s an easy one – Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire. There are loads of people that love it and I just don’t understand. It spotlights an abusive, possessive, co-dependent relationship and plays it off as the romance of the century. It’s got terrible themes and I absolutely hate this book.
2. Trick or treat- what character is a trick, what character is a treat?
Eli from Vicious by V.E. Schwab is a trick. He always has ulterior motives and you never know what’s going to happen when he’s near. Celia and Marco from The Night Circus by Erin Morganstern are treats. Just read about them and you’ll understand!
3. Candy corn- what book is always sweet?
The Strange and Beautiful Life of Ava Lavender by Leslye Walton is sweet in the most heartbreaking way. It’s such a good read – I highly recommend.
4. Ghosts- what character would you love to visit you as a ghost?
Tarver from These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner. a) He’s really dreamy. b) He’s a badass. c) He’s so supportive and wise.
5. Dressing up in costume- what character would you want to be for a day?
Wade from Ready Player One by Ernest Cline so I could play around in the Oasis!
6. Wizards and witches- what is your favorite Harry Potter moment?
Pretty much every appearance of Luna. She’s always true to herself and is such a fiercely loyal friend. Definitely one of (if not THE) favorite characters in the series.
7. Blood and gore- what book was so creepy that you had to take a break from it for awhile?
I haven’t had to take a break, but I’ve really been savoring Feed by Mira Grant. I’m reading it right now and am really enjoying it.
What are you doing for Halloween?