Many thanks to Ariana at The Quirky Book Nerd for the nomination!
The rules for the award are:
- Acknowledge the blog that nominated you and display the award.
- Answer 11 question that the blog gives you.
- Give 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 blogs you think are deserving of the award that have less than 200 followers.
- Let the blogs know you have nominated them.
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
- What are your favorite hobbies?
I love reading (obviously!), thrifting, crafting, and learning about the world.
- If you could only own five books, which ones would you choose?
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling, Ready Player One by Ernest Cline, The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin, A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness, Wool by Hugh Howey
- What is your favorite movie and who is your favorite actor?
3 Ninjas and I’m not a huge movie buff, so I don’t really have a favorite actor!
- If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
Teleportation (like the movie Jumper)
- What are the top three places you’d like to travel to?
Greece, London, Australia
- Who is your biggest inspiration/role model and why?
My grandpa because he always put his family first, lead in the gentlest way, and touched so many lives.
- Which Hogwarts house are you in?
Pottermore sorted me into Hufflepuff
- If you could be best friends with any author, who would it be?
J.K. Rowling, obviously. She’s such a badass.
- Are there any books you find intimidating to read (due to size, subject, etc.)?
Yes! I shy away from non-fiction because most of it doesn’t interest me. I also haven’t gotten to any Patrick Rothfuss or any of Brandon Sanderson’s adult novels because they’re some serious chunkers!
- Who are your top three auto-buy authors?
I don’t really have auto-buy authors because of how I buy books, but some auto-reads are definitely John Green, J.K. Rowling, and Scott Westerfeld.
- What is your favorite book quote?
Random Facts About Me
- My car is the color blue raspberry metallic.
- I’ve never broken a bone and got my first stitches about 4 months ago.
- I studied mathematics in undergrad and instruction in grad school.
- I’m downright stingy.
- I’m originally from Minnesota and am still very much a Midwest girl at heart.
- I love most types of music, but my favorites are the girly singer-songwriter types.
- I’m a serious car singer.
- I absolutely love the rain.
- I’ve never been outside North America.
- I’m an aunt.
- I used to hate cats, but I am now the proud owner of a 1.5 year old Russian Blue named Molly… but we mostly just call her Cat.
Rebecca @ Why Mermaids
Becca @ ghostystories
Ayunda @ Tea and Paperbacks
Leslie @ Confessions of a Bookaholic
- What is your earliest book memory?
- What’s your favorite food?
- What is the best book you’ve read lately and why?
- Do you collect anything?
- What’s your favorite genre to read?
- If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
- Why do you love books and reading?
- Who is the smartest person you know and why?
- What is your favorite book cover?
- Aside from necessities, what is one thing that you couldn’t go a day without?
- What is your go-to book that you recommend to everyone?